Average Temperatures in King George Island, South Shetland Islands, Antarctica
- The annual average temperature in King George Island, South Shetland Islands, Antarctica is slightly cold at -2.3 degrees Celsius (27.9 degrees Fahrenheit).
- There is a variation of mean monthly temperatures of 8.3 °C (14.9°F) which is a very low range.
- February is the hottest month (very cool) having an average temperature of 1.6 degrees Celsius (34.88 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The coolest month (August) is cold having a mean temperature of -6.7 degrees Celsius (19.94 degrees Fahrenheit).
Average Temperatures Table for King George Island, South Shetland Islands
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
King George Island, South Shetland Islands Average Temperatures Chart
The average temperature charts use a fixed scale so that you can easily compare temperatures between two or more locations. Simply line up the charts in separate tabs in your browser and toggle between tabs to visualise the differences. The charts have major grid lines at intervals of 10 °C on the left axis corresponding with intervals of 18 °F on the right axis. Minor gridlines mark intervals of 2.5 °C and 4.5 °F. The charts show the relationship between the Celsius and Fahrenheit measuring scales. Locations in the northern hemisphere run from January to December and in the southern hemisphere from July to June so that the middle of the chart always corresponds with the high sun period (for the hemisphere).
Average Temperatures Nearby King George Island, South Shetland Islands
- Sarmiento, Argentina - 1956.6 kms (1215.8 miles) NNW
- Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina - 1902.9 kms (1182.5 miles) NNW
- Balmaceda Puerto, Chile - 1982.1 kms (1231.7 miles) NNW
- Chico, Chile - 1912.2 kms (1188.3 miles) NNW
- Puerto Deseado, Argentina - 1664.4 kms (1034.2 miles) NNW
- Lago Argentino, Argentina - 1549.9 kms (963.1 miles) NW
- Rio Gallegos, Argentina - 1327.4 kms (824.9 miles) NNW
- Punta Arenas, Chile - 1237.5 kms (769 miles) NW
- Ushuaia, Argentina - 981.9 kms (610.1 miles) NW
- Isla Diego Ramirez, Chile - 840 kms (522 miles) NW
- Base Antartica Arturo P, Antarctica - 50.5 kms (31.4 miles) SW